Custom Search

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Freida Pinto on People's annual beauty list

Agencies
Posted: Apr 30, 2009

US First Lady Michelle Obama scored a rare accolade for a political spouse by being named on celebrity magazine People's annual list of the world's 100 most beautiful people. 

Obama, who has been hailed as a style icon by fashionistas around the world since her husband was elected President, was named in the list alongside A-listers such as Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry and Christina Aguilera. 

"I had a father and a brother who thought I was beautiful, and they made me feel that way every single day," Michelle Obama told ‘People’. 

"I grew up with very strong male role models who thought I was smart and fast and funny, so I heard that a lot. I know that there are many young girls who don't hear it. But I was fortunate." 

‘People’ Magazine does not rank its annual list, but actress Christina Applegate graces the cover of this week's issue. Previous cover girls of the most beautiful issue have included Drew Barrymore, Kate Hudson and Michelle Pfeiffer. 

Among other new faces on the list this year was Indian actress, Freida Pinto, star of Oscar-winning movie ‘Slumdog Millionaire.’ 

"The beauty of life is that it takes turns that are sometimes bigger than your wildest dreams," Pinto was quoted as saying by the magazine.

Source: http://www.screenindia.com

No comments: