Custom Search

Monday, May 11, 2009

Bollywood veterans pay tribute to their mothers in video

Agencies / May 11, 2009

Bollywood's legendary actor Dilip Kumar, evergreen hero Dev Anand and Dharmendra will be seen paying tribute to their mothers in British-Pakistani singer's music video 'My Dearest Maa.' 

In Raja Kaasheff's video, which is due for release soon, these actors have spoken about their mothers. The video also feature Pran, Moin Akhtar and Nadeem Baig. 

"I have worked with Indian artists before but this video was different. I worked with Dev Anand on the score of his upcoming film 'Chargesheet' so it was cool with him. But I was completely in awe of Dilip Kumar sahib as well as Pran sahib and Dharmendra ji," Kaasheff told a magazine. 

"But they were so gracious and so helpful. In fact, it was Dilip Kumar who had a hand in convincing Moin Akhtar (Pakistani comedian) to do the video," he said. 

"It isn't that I didn't want to work with Pakistani artists but to be honest, I didn't get much attention from anyone around here. India was next door and it just worked out," the 30-year-old singer said. The album is not entirely about mothers but has other songs too. 

"It is called 'My Dearest Maa' because of the lead single but the album features collaborations with Adnan Sami Khan and Anuradha Paudwal."

Source: http://www.screenindia.com

No comments: