Custom Search

Monday, April 13, 2009

Mischa Barton says being single has ‘empowered’ her

ANI
Posted: Apr 13, 2009

Mischa Barton has admitted that she felt ‘empowered’ following her recent break-up. 

The 23-year-old star, who recently parted ways with Kooks frontman Luke Prichard after a brief relationship, said that being single has made her confident and mature, reports the ‘China Daily’. 

"I'm still working on it but I've grown so much in the past six months. I've grown immensely and it's because I've been single. After I broke up with a boyfriend last year, I felt empowered,” she told Britain's ‘Cosmopolitan’ magazine 

"I've forced myself to grow up - I really felt like it was time. And nothing makes you grow like finding out that somebody or something isn't good for you," she added. The ''O.C.'' actress said that she doesn’t regret the split because it taught her more about herself. 

“I don't believe in regrets. Things are supposed to shape you and change you. I've learnt a lot from my mistakes. We've all done things that were stupid, or that didn't work out as planned, and it's human nature to grow from that," she said.

Source: http://news.google.com

No comments: