Custom Search

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hollywood biggies essential in 'Kambakht Ishq': Akshay

By Agencies

Actor Akshay Kumar, who plays a stuntmant in his upcoming movie 'Kambakkht Ishq' feels that the presence of Hollywood biggies in the film was not meant to create hype but "need" of the script. 

"I play a stuntman from Hollywood in the film and presence of these actors was essential. They were the need of the story to take my character forward in the film," Akshay said. 

"Sharing space with Hollywood action star Sylvester Stallone in the film was the most memorable experience. He told me about his knee problems and how he overcame his fear with heights to act in the movie 'Cliffhanger'," Akshay said. 

Hollywood stars Slyvester Stallone, Denise Richards, Brandon Routh and Holly Valance feature in important cameos in the film. 

Insisting that 'Kambakkht Ishq' was not an action film, Akshay said, "since I play a stuntman, there are two to three stunt scenes. I do stunts myself as I enjoy doing it." 

Recounting his near fatal encounter while shooting for his film titled 'Blue', the actor said, "I have performed a stunt sequences 150-feet under sea to fight with 40 sharks. I hit an iron rod and started bleeding in the head. But, I was taken up on the ship within 20 seconds and given treatment," adding it is sometimes very "scary". 

On whether he had any plans to head to Hollywood Akshay replied in negative and said, "I have brought Hollywood to Mumbai through 'Kambakkht Ishq'. I told actress Denise Richards that more people are going to watch her in a Bollywood film than her previous movies, because Indians are everywhere across the world." 

Referring to his previous two films- 'Chandni Chowk to China' and 'Tasveer 8x10', Akshay said he was proud of them. 

"But, I will be wrong if I say I don't feel the pressure to succeed on the eve of my new film's release.. no matter if your previous movie is a hit or a flop," he said. 

On his unbuttoning act at the Lakme Fashion week recently, Akshay said he had not done anything "wrong". 

"The controversy did not affect me. But, sales of the jeans has gone up," he said. 

"I am a firm believer that men are from Mars and women are from Heaven," he said. 

"I have just completed shooting for television show 'Fear Factor' featuring 13 women and 13 men and can vouch for the fact that women are more courageous and braver," he said. 

The actor, who is looking forward to his next release 'Kambakkht Ishq', plays a MCP in the film and the story is about how he is shown his true place by women. 

The actor plans to take a holiday break with his family and flying to New York. "We are going to see Disneyland," he said. 

Talking about his son, the actor said, "Aarav is a regular school boy and I want him to get a normal upbringing." 

"He is busy watching Tom and Jerry and does not follow my movies," Akshay said. 

To a question on whether he plans to set up a independent film production house like his contemporaries, Akshay said setting up a production house would need lot of time and attention and he had not given a thought to it because he has been busy shooting for his various projects.

No comments: