Custom Search

Friday, May 22, 2009

Nothing left for me to do but...DANCE!

By Lindsay Soll

The Wayans Brothers and MTV Films' comedy Dance Flick opens tonight, and we've gotten all nostalgic just thinking about all the toe-tapper movies Flick could possibly parody. Know what might be just as good as the movie? Today's EW.com photo gallery of 30 Classic Dance Scenes! My personal favorite by far: Center Stage's Cooper's Dance. I know, I know, the film is kind of considered a guilty pleasure, but in all seriousness, I think it's a great movie. And by great, I mean that I can pretty much watch it over and over again and never get sick of it. (Admit it: every time you catch it on ABC Family and such, you get sucked in too!) I love getting a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the world of super-competitive dance, but the best part of Stage is the finale performance in which Jody (Amanda Schull...um, wonder where she is these days?) sheds her good-girl image -- literally -- and busts a move in a fiery red costume to Jamiroquai's "Canned Heat." 

What about you, PopWatchers? Which dance scene puts canned heat in your heels?

Source: http://popwatch.ew.com

No comments: