Custom Search

Friday, April 24, 2009

Glad that elimination was relatively quick: Anoop Desai

Agencies
Posted: Apr 24, 2009

Indian-American contestant Anoop Desai had asked 'American Idol' host Ryan Seacrest to "hurry it up" while announcing his elimination. 

The singer said he was so burdened that he wanted it to be over as soon as possible. 

"I actually told (him) right before the show, 'Hey man, don't mess around with me tonight, come on.' So I was glad it was relatively quick," Desai told reporters during a press conference. 

"And you know, if I had a choice, they would mail me the results!" the 23-year-old college student joked. 

Desai, who was dubbed as 'Noop Doog' by the judges, was sent home along with 24-year-old Memphis native Lil Rounds after they received the fewest number of viewer votes on the popular Fox singing competition on Wednesday, leaving five to compete for the title, Us magazine reported. The singer claimed that his goodbye song "was the easiest performance I've ever done". 

"There's something about the burden of having four people sitting in front of you who know are your harshest critics," Desai said. 

"With that burden relieved, I was free to sing the song with personality which is strange...I was very relaxed and that was the persona that I've been trying to put on stage for a little while," he added.

Source: http://www.screenindia.com

No comments: